Surce Control MAC?

From: Robert Masters <gambit_at_capcon.apana.org.au>
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 1994 12:56:01 GMT

Help! I am desperately trying to find out if anyone knows of any software that can aid me in the task of controlling Oracle Forms/Graphics and Reports source code in a macintosh/unix environment.

My client is running a HP9000 unix box running Oracle server 7 as the host and several macintosh computers running oracle forms/graphics and reports as the clients. Currently we have set up the Helios appleshare software that allows a directory on the HP9000 to be seen as an apple share volume so both unix users and macintosh developers have access to a central repository for source.

I have set up three distinctive areas within this shared regions

DEVELOPMENT TESTING PRODUCTION what I am looking for is any Machintosh/Unix based source control software, that can deal with both plain ascii source (such as pl/sql scripts, unix c-shell scripts, as well as binary files like oracle forms/graphics and reports ).

Ideally I would also be interested in any macintosh software that would allow me to batch compile all of my forms/graphics and reports file on a dedicated macintosh as I presently have to do this manually and it can take some time.

Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Rob :) Received on Thu Nov 10 1994 - 13:56:01 CET

Original text of this message