Oracle Vs. SQL SERVER

From: Fereidoon Khosravi <khosraf_at_sce.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 1994 17:35:52

HI!

I am looking for any information you all can share comparing ORACLE and SQL SERVER. I am trying to ascertain the difference between the two and advantage of using one vs. the other as the backend database server. I would like to pick ORACLE (because of my personal experience with ORACLE 5.2- I am a little behind I know!) but need to substantiate that with some facts. The front end more than likely will be ACCESS (or maybe Pdoxwin). Along the same line, would there be any problem using MS OFFICE products with ORACLE. Can they seamlessly be integerated? (that is the argument being used -compatibility with MS OFFICE - in favor of SQL SERVER that I want to refute, if indeed refutable).

Reference to any related newspaper/magazine articles will be great too. Thanks for your help! Received on Thu Nov 10 1994 - 17:35:52 CET

Original text of this message