Re: Dangling processes

From: Nguyen Nguyen <nnguyen_at_alert.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Nov 1994 19:38:29 GMT

Dennis Buddenborg (thebuddman_at_delphi.com) wrote:
: These "dangling" processes are usually the result of end-user's abnormally
: terminating their SQL*NET connections (i.e. re-booting their PC's). We
: experienced a lot of this with SQL*NET v1. SQL*NET v2 with the Multi-threaded
: Server does a good job of preventing this from happening. The only way to get
: rid of these processes is
: to issue the UNIX "kill -9 ####" where #### is the process id
: associated with the dedicated connection. Hope this helps. -Dennis

I'm not sure which way is safer, but this is what I do:

Go into SQL*DBA and to a "kill session" to terminate the session. Sometimes it's hard to do if there are a lot of connections to the server. Received on Wed Nov 09 1994 - 20:38:29 CET

Original text of this message