Re: Oracle on Netware

From: Mark Ford <mford_at_warren.med.harvard.edu>
Date: 8 Nov 1994 15:07:03 GMT

Hi,

I've been runing Oracle7 on Netware (3.11, 3.12, 4.02) since it came out. It runs well for small workgroups depending on what you do with it. We use raid 5 and lots of memory. We had a number of system crashes that seem to be related to the Cost based optimizer. Either don't use it, or analyze your schema regularly. We use Arcserve and DBAgent to backup the databases while they stay online. This seems to work very well.

Mark Ford
Head Applications Programmer
Mass. General Hospital

In article <39b242$r7e_at_news.onramp.net>, Sue Brauer <jcs_at_onramp.net> says: