Incremental backup on Oracle?

From: Lee Wai Man <wmlee_at_ha.org.hk>
Date: 8 Nov 1994 01:56:37 GMT

Sorry about the invisible message. Let me try it one more time:

Hi everybody, I am trying to find out if it is feasible to do on-line incremental backup of the Oracle database, like the "dump transaction" command in Sybase? In other words, can I do a full database backup at the beginning of the month and then backup only the control files and the archived redo-logs in the subsequent days, and still be able to restore the database up to the most updated archived redo-log when there is a media failure? (say if I only have the full backup and a whole bunch of control files and archived redo-logs) If you have any idea, I would appreciate if you can post the procedures in detail.

Thanks.

Wai-man Received on Tue Nov 08 1994 - 02:56:37 CET

Original text of this message