SQLPlus <-Passing Variables into a script

From: Wallace Fukumae <fukumae_at_io.nosc.mil>
Date: 8 Nov 1994 02:22:05 GMT

I am creating a admin tool for our Motif application and I wanted to have the GUI using Pro*C pass parameter values to sqlplus to create tables and synonyms for the user.

Since we are still in development the database may change alittle and I didn't want to hard code the scripts in the Pro*C code. I wanted to use script files that where I would just edit and the GUI application will just call and run the script files.

sqlplus {username}/{password} << end-of-sql create synonym &Username..folder for master.folder; << end-of-sql

But I'm not sure how to pass the variable for '&Username'? Any suggestions would be appreciated?

-Wally Code 4204 Received on Tue Nov 08 1994 - 03:22:05 CET

Original text of this message