Re: Pro*C 1.5 binary sizes

From: Rob E. Allan <rallan_at_ohgpu.hydro.on.ca>
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 1994 16:55:25 GMT

KIVA (kiva_at_xmission.xmission.com) wrote:
: You are not the only one ... We are running both SunOS 4.1.x and Solaris 2.3
: and on both of the platforms Oracle Pro*C executable sizes are ~1.5 Mb
: unstripped and ~1.2 Mb stripped - no matter what we do! Calls to Oracle
: support didn't produce any fixes but only explanations on how the multi-
: language support is at fault. No dates promised. Are we mad? Yes! Is there
: anything we can do in the meanwhile? Not that we know of! If there is something
: we have missed - except using other packages - please do let me know.

: 250+ Pro*C reports, routines etc. = ~300Mb of disk

: Risto Tolonen
: KIVA
: (801)261-2617
: risto_at_kiva.com

Another "feature" ... When I "purify" any of my ProC code, I get a lot or warnings and errors from the ORACLE libraries. The main on being "no symbol table.". I think the lib's are nonANSI C, which doesn't help the linker.

rob.e.allan_at_hydro.on.ca Received on Mon Nov 07 1994 - 17:55:25 CET

Original text of this message