Oracle Financials

From: Dan Glasstetter <glasstetter_at_bmcwest.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 1994 13:24:17

My company is in the process of evaluating Oracle financials (General Ledger, Fixed Assets, Accounts Payable). We've recently gone through the first round of Demo's from Oracle. As is with all Oracle Demo's, it was pretty impressive. Our accountants were ready to buy on the spot. Being experienced with Oracle, I thought that we should talk with some "real live" independant Oracle Financials Customers.

Some of our concerns include :

   Does it meet your accounting needs (as billed by Oracle) ?    How was the conversion process ? (did Oracle help)    Is it manageable - from a DBA perspective ?    What kind of customization did you require ? Are these modifications preserved with upgrades ?

   Is upgrading a major hassle ?
   What kind of training did the users require ?    Can financial people really manage security and menu customization ?    Do the financial users really use Browser for reporting ?

These are just for starters. We are really looking for some solid help in making an intellegent decision. We are also looking for someone to possibly host us for a morning at their location for a demo and question/answer session (lunch on us :-).

Any other comments on these products is greatly appreciated !

Thanks in Advance.

Dan Glasstetter
BMC West Corporation
Boise, Idaho
(208) 387-4385
glasstetter_at_bmcwest.com Received on Mon Nov 07 1994 - 13:24:17 CET

Original text of this message