Re: PLS-905 Invalid Package when using stored package

From: Willy Klotz <willyk_at_kbigate.stgt.sub.org>
Date: Fri, 04 Nov 94 23:26:52 GMT

Msys writes in article <xe-UTU4.msys_at_delphi.com>:

> Our company which is doing a project for one of our customer is seeing a
> very strange error. Here is the background:
>
> We are running Oracle 7.0.16 on an OSF/1 2.* server. We have a process
> control system (Vax) which is sending data thru ethernet (tcp/ip) using
> SqlNet 2.0 by calling the stored procedure.
>
> This is a continuous process. This program was running with no problems
> for the last 3 months. All of a sudden we are getting the message
> 'Package is invalid (PL/Sql error 905' from the Vax side. This happens for
> 30 minutes to 2 hrs and the program starts working again without any manual
> intervention.
>
> The tables used by this package have never been changed. All the objects
> in the database shows a status of 'Valid'.
>
> The package is called by a Pro*Fortran program on the VMS side.
>
> We are already talking to Oracle support.
>
> Any help in solving this will be greately appreciated!
>
> Thanks
> MSys Inc.
> +----------------------------------------------------+
> | MSys Inc. |
> | Oracle Consultants |
> | On-Site & Off-Site Consulting & Development |
> | Phone/Fax (910)-763-7183 EMail: msys_at_delphi.com |

A few days ago, I had a similar situation. It turned out to be a memory problem.

Try giving more memory to the SGA; at least this helped in my case.

Willy Klotz

Willys Mail     FidoNet   2:2474/117  2:2474/118     Mail Only System
                CIS: 100020,3517       USR Courier HST dual standard
                willyk_at_kbigate.stgt.sub.org
                ->   No Request from 06.00 to 08.00 <-