Re: CDE2 platforms and availability (was CASE 5.1)

From: John Kelly <jckelly_at_netcom.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Nov 1994 05:03:31 GMT

Dennis Moore (dbmoore_at_us.oracle.com) wrote:

: CDE2 CASE will be available for Windows, NT, and "Windows95" (or 96 or ...).
: We are investigating ways to make this release available on other GUI platforms
: but at this point are not willing to commit to this.

Well, my response is simple. I'm telling my clients to hold off buying CASE until you publicly commit to UNIX/Motif. The world is not completely owned by Microscruff and MS-Windows. There are many customers who have mixed environments and must do the development in UNIX because that's what their people are running. Development in MS-Windows NOT an alternative. I think it would be smart for Oracle to not put all their eggs in the Microsoft basket.

--
John C. Kelly  Home:   jckelly_at_netcom.com
DISCLAIMER: I speak for me.  Only.  "Change is inevitable. Growth is optional."