Re: Dangling processes

From: JC Lachapelle <jcl_at_sparky.crad.dnd.ca>
Date: Thu, 3 Nov 1994 09:59:16 -0500

> I'm running Oracle on UnixWare. Oracle appears to be leaving dangling
> processes hanging around. ps shows the processes as something like "
> oraclebdev P:4096,6,9,." Is this something I should be concerned about
> and if so, how do I fix it?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Steve

Hi,

When ps shows the processes, just check to see if the process is associated with a terminal identifier, this will confirm a "dangling process". If it is not associated with a terminal identifier, then kill the process with the kill command. Hope this helps.

Jean-Claude                        Ottawa, Ontario CANADA
jcl_at_sparky.crad.dnd.ca             Desk: (613) 992-0212
                                   Fax : (613) 996-5177