Re: Oracle AS/400 Gateway

From: Dave Dargo <ddargo_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: 3 Nov 1994 19:51:02 GMT

dasrsm_at_uwoadmin.uwo.ca writes:

>We purchased Oracle's gateway product to access data that resides on
>an IBM AS/400 as part of Oracle / PowerBuilder application. No matter what we
>have tried, the gateway seems to always sweep the AS/400 data tables rather
>than using the indexes.

Index usage is not a function of the gateway. The SQL statement is passed from the gateway to the AS/400 for processing. It is up to the AS/400 to determine the access path. You may want to speak with your data administrator to understand how your particular SQL statement would be processed by the AS/400.

Dave (ddargo_at_us.oracle.com) Received on Thu Nov 03 1994 - 20:51:02 CET

Original text of this message