Runaway Oracle Processes

From: Vern Kosloski <Vern.Kosloski_at_wilsons.mmbbs.mn.org>
Date: 02 Nov 94 14:56:00

I am seeing an occaisional runaway Oracle process that looks similar to the following in a ps:

utst00 101904 1 111 14:34:21 - 0:34 oraclewms1 P:4096,8,11,

This process then continues to process and degrades the performance of our RS/6000. I have been able to re-create this runaway process by starting a runform30 and when the form is in the middle of a query, I terminate the session. The ksh and the runform30 process are gone but the above oraclewms1 process is still running.

Does anyone have any suggesstions on how to prevent these runaway processes?

Our only other alternative is to write a script that identifies these and then kills them.

Thanks. Received on Wed Nov 02 1994 - 14:56:00 CET

Original text of this message