Oracle/ODBC Question

From: Darrell Burgan <darrellb_at_pic.net>
Date: 2 Nov 1994 22:57:17 GMT

We're attempting to port some SQLWindows and C/Windows programs written to Gupta's SQLBase C/API over to Oracle by coding to the Oracle ODBC driver.

I've run into a nasty snag regarding the SQLSetParam() call. Say I'm doing an insert to an empty table as follows:

CREATE TABLE foo
(

   numbercol NUMBER(5)
);

INSERT INTO foo (numbercol) VALUES (?);

If I attempt to bind a variable of type SQL_C_LONG or SQL_C_SMALLINT to the parameter as SQL_NUMERIC, I always end up with a "number out of range" error. If I attempt to bind the variable as SQL_INTEGER or SQL_SMALLINT, I get "driver not capable" errors. I've even tried binding SQL_C_CHAR to any/all of the above and nothing works (I get the same errors every time).

I've verified this using the ODBC/Test program, so it's not my program doing it.

We're using the latest ODBC driver for Oracle 7 off of CompuServe along with Oracle 7.0.16 for Netware 3.11, using SQL*Net for SPX.

What am I missing? It's got to be something simple. My eternal gratitude to anyone who can straighten me out.

Thanks,

Darrell Burgan Received on Wed Nov 02 1994 - 23:57:17 CET

Original text of this message