Pro*C 1.5 SQLCHECK syntax

From: <ziesak_at_arbwiss.arwi.forst.uni-muenchen.de>
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 1994 11:46:01

Hello:

Although I received several answers to my recently posted question, I think the problem resides somewhere in a wrong syntax, I use. Maybe the following, more specific question will lead to a clue:

I'm using Pro*C 1.5.9.0.1 under DOS, connected via SPX to a Netware Oracle 7 RDBMS. My proC-app has some PL/SQL blocks.

The problem is, that the Pro*C 1.5 won`t precomile it: I usually start the precompiler from a (DOS) batch, which looks like

pro15 iname=%1 SQLCHECK=full ireclen=232 include=C:\ora\pro15\c host=c userid=myuserid/mypasswd

The outcome of it is, that the precompiler says:

PCC-U-0031: Invalid value with option "SQLCHECK=full"

When omitting the SQLCHECK option the precompiler however complains
PCC-S-0062: With embedded PL/SQL option SQLCHECK=SEMANTICS(FULL)

                         must be used.

Independet, whether I use the keyword 'FULL' or 'SEMANTICS', the results remain the same!
Somehow it looks to me so, as if in the V1.5.9.0.1 precompiler the SQLCHECK option module was forgotten to be linked into the EXE?!!

Who can give me an idea?
Thank you,
Martin

                                     Martin Ziesak
 Lehrstuhl fuer Forstliche Arbeitswissenschaft und
                             Angewandte Informatik
                                Hohenbachernstr. 22
                                    D-85254 Freising
                                        GERMANY
Tel.: +49-8161-71 4659                 Fax.:+49-8161-71 4658
e-Mail: ziesak_at_arbwiss.arwi.forst.uni-muenchen.de Received on Wed Nov 02 1994 - 11:46:01 CET

Original text of this message