Re: Pro*C 1.5 binary sizes

From: Brian W. Gardner <bgardner_at_infinet.com>
Date: 1 Nov 1994 14:07:46 GMT

jsb_at_telerama.lm.com wrote:

: During a port of our application from Oracle6 to Oracle7, I've noticed
: that the resulting executable sizes are a factor of 3 or 4 larger than
: those produced with the Oracle6 libraries. Looking at the libraries
: showed that they are larger, but that much? I don't have too many
: extra gig disks and simms sitting around... I thought that using
: shared libraries would be a good idea, but I haven't found ANY
: reference to them in the Oracle documentation.

: Has anyone else noticed/worked around this growing size with Pro*C
: libraries?
: --
: -Jeffrey Buck
: Enterprise Technology Group, Inc.
: jsb_at_etgroup.com

Are you using a static or a dynamic link? I know that if you include all the libraries in the sample makefile that comes in the demo directory, you will have some huge files. You might try adding libraries, one at a time, to make sure that they're needed.

--
Brian W. Gardner                       "Captain, I protest; I am not a
495 Park Blvd.                          merry man!" - Lt. Worf