Re: SQL*ReportWriter

From: Lawrence James <James.Lawrence_at_epamail.epa.gov>
Date: Tue, 1 Nov 1994 19:57:24 GMT

In article <38ggv4$359_at_ixnews1.ix.netcom.com> skp_at_ix.netcom.com (SANJAY PURI) writes:
>From: skp_at_ix.netcom.com (SANJAY PURI)
>Subject: Re: SQL*ReportWriter
>Date: 24 Oct 1994 14:39:32 GMT

>In <1994Oct24.035410.22095_at_sjfc.edu> wm_at_sjfc.edu (William Mariasoosai) writes:

>>Hi:
>>
>> I just installed my SQL*ReportWriter on my PC. This is
>>version 1.1 of Oracle Version 6.
>>
>> When I tried to use it as DBA SYSTEM/MANAGER, I typed
>>the command
>> sqlrep SYSTEM/MANAGER at the dos prompt. I got the following
>>error message
>>
>> ORACLE error occured.
>> Error during connect-3121.
>>I consulted the Error reference manual. But, I could not get any help
>>
>>Could some one help me with this problem.
>> Thank you in advance.
>>
>>Bill Mariasoosai.
>>

>I think through the admin option, you must authorise the user to
>use reportwriter. Then only, the user can use the reportwriter.

>VK Nair

3121 is a connection error. Report is not finding an API, either a local copy of Oracle running or the DOS TSR SQLNet. Are you running Oracle locally and have you loaded and started it before starting report? Or are you using a database server and have you loaded SQLNet before starting report?

Lawrence James Received on Tue Nov 01 1994 - 20:57:24 CET

Original text of this message