Re: DOS Oracle 5 dev sys doesn't load

From: Lawrence James <James.Lawrence_at_epamail.epa.gov>
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 1994 16:55:09 GMT

In article <391pcl$1ab_at_odin.community.net> kestas_at_solano.community.net (Kestutis Sliupas) writes:
>From: kestas_at_solano.community.net (Kestutis Sliupas)
>Subject: DOS Oracle 5 dev sys doesn't load
>Date: 30 Oct 1994 19:47:33 -0800

>Hi:
> I was offered an old version of ORACLE dev. sys. (5?) and
>forms 2(?). I couldn't get it to load; error message kep saying
>that there was insufficient memory (extended?) Can someone who has
>access to the old DOS ORACLE manuals please give me a hand? I'd
>like to get this beast running soon...

Check and see how much memory SQLPME reports allocated when it is loaded. Needs to be 3 or 4 meg at least. You could be having a prob with your machine type, use 2 for most PCs, 6 for microchannel, and J for memory managers. If you are loading EMM386, how much memory are you giving it? Received on Mon Oct 31 1994 - 17:55:09 CET

Original text of this message