Re: Trigger Question?

From: Shaggy D <shaggyd_at_aol.com>
Date: 28 Oct 1994 17:05:04 -0400

In article <388odm$pml_at_info-server.bbn.com>, jstueve_at_bbn.com (John Stueve) writes:

I am having a problem getting a trigger to work. I suspect the problem is related to the number of columns I am specifying. Can anyone confirm or deny this? If this is the problem, are there any easy solutions?

>The reason I suspect the number of columns is that if I
>remove 30 columns at the beginning of the UPDATE list it
>works, or if I remove 30 columns at the end of the UPDATE list
>it works. But if I leave all of the columns in I get the following
>error message at the line containing "ON pdq$sadm.PDQ_EVENT_DATA":
>
> ORA-00604: error occurred at recursive SQL level 1
> ORA-01461: can bind a LONG value only for insert into a LONG column

Could you include a DESCRIBE of the XYZ_DIST.PDQ_DIST_LOG table you are inserting into?

Eric Dirst
Trident Systems Received on Fri Oct 28 1994 - 22:05:04 CET

Original text of this message