Wanted: GUI/OO/SQL Design Tool

From: Peter Millington <pcm_at_masque.demon.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 1994 23:21:30 +0000

The company I work for is currently investigating the confusing world of GUI design tools. We are looking for a package, or set of packages, that will allow us to develop GUI based SQL database systems, plus would prefer that the package(s) supported real-time programming for other parts of our product range. We would also like to have the capability to run the final code on PC M$-Windows and Unix X-Windows, and preferably a character mode interface too.

We have a minor preference for basing this on C++. Any database SQL package selected must have the capability for database-awareness - at least during the design stage. A 'no-code' design mode would be useful for simple screens.

We are currently looking at packages such as Zinc (C++ Windows independant screen library), SQLWindows (PC only OO development system).

I think this is like the proverbial search for the holy grail, but would appreciate any input on package(s) that can support some or all of this functionality.

Please email any suggestions to me, rather than post them. I do not read the comp.databases.* groups.

I will post a summary of information with people's comments and suggestions.

Thanks in advance.

Peter.

|      Peter Millington         pcm_at_masque.demon.co.uk
|	Edinburgh		+44 (0)31 337 4943
|	 Scotland

*-----
Acronym of the week: LAWYERS --
"Losing, As Winning, Yet Earning Renumerations Safely" Received on Fri Oct 28 1994 - 00:21:30 CET

Original text of this message