ORA-00034 when calling a stored procedure from SQL*Forms

From: Youichi Tamura <y-tamura_at_nriws11.nri.co.jp>
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 1994 14:49:24 GMT

A quick question on the subject. When a form called a stored procedure, it caused, within the procedure, ORACLE error 34:

% oerr ora 34
00034, 00000, "cannot %s in current PL/SQL session"
// *Cause:  An attempt was made to issue a commit or rollback from a PL/SQL

// object (procedure, function, package) in a session which has this
// disabled (by 'alter session disable commit in procedure')
// *Action: enable commits from PL/SQL in this session, or don't attempt
// to use commit or rollback in PL/SQL when they are disabled
// in the current session.

Was this a known fact? Does SQL*Forms automatically disable commit in procedures its program calls? Is the programmer supposed to not write 'commit' in stored procedures that may be called by Forms programs?

Excuse my ignorance, and please enlighten me.

--
							Yoichi Tamura
							y-tamura_at_nri.co.jp