Re: Show user's tables & views

From: Roderick Manalac <rmanalac_at_oracle.com>
Date: 27 Oct 1994 01:32:14 GMT

alvinlaw_at_netcom.com (Alvin Law) writes:
|> PM Wong <s11976_at_ctsc.hkbc.hk> wrote:
|> >Sorry for this trivial question. We have many old users which are to be
|> >dropped. It is good practice (I think) to know what tables (and/or views)
|> >they created so we can drop them before we revoke connect & resource
|> >from such users
|> >But I don't know how to list all the tables and views created by all users
|> >of the tablespace.
|> >Can someone tell me the command please
|>
|> Assuming you are using Oracle7, you can simply use:
|>
|> SQL> drop user scott including contents;

Hate to be nitpicky but the correct syntax is DROP USER SCOTT CASCADE. INCLUDING CONTENTS may be used in a DROP TABLESPACE command.

As Alvin implies, the correct answer can depend on the version of Oracle and the version of OS that you are on, so don't forget to include that information when you post (or call support for that matter (-: ).

Roderick Manalac
Oracle Corporation Received on Thu Oct 27 1994 - 02:32:14 CET

Original text of this message