Re: HELP! SQL*Forms keymapping

From: Gary71 <gary71_at_aol.com>
Date: 26 Oct 1994 20:42:02 -0400

In article <37bhqt$1a6_at_rigel.infinet.com>, efreeman_at_infinet.com (Edson Freeman) writes:

>In ..Forms 3.0, is there a way to access the keymap in a 'Hint' or 'Help'
>message? I want to be able to say "Press XXX to go to this other form"
>and have XXX be the right key according to which keymap is being used.
>Any ideas? Thanks.

 Define a Key-??? trigger for the action you wish to take. On the trigger screen there is a field for description and a check box to use the key on the help screen. Check the box and enter the action's description. When you <show keys>, you will see the description with the appropriate key stroke that the user should use.

  Which KEY-???? trigger to use? You can over-ride the value of a key that you afford to give up. Perhaps KEY-DUPREC? Or you can use one of the KEY-F1 thru F9 triggers. To do the latter you may have to go into oraterm and set-up the key before you can use it.

  Hope that helps. Received on Thu Oct 27 1994 - 01:42:02 CET

Original text of this message