Re: How do I print checks using a LASER PRINTER from Oracle Financials?

From: Sharon Hunt <Sharon.Hunt_at_Sophia.NCR.COM>
Date: 26 Oct 94 15:07:16 GMT

I have worked in organizations who wanted to print checks from laser printers, but due to logistical problems decided against it. Check printing is normally not done in "Fancy" mode so you will probably not be using the laser printers capabilities. If you aren't planning on producing a pretty check, why not use the old standby of a dot matrix printer with continuous feed check stationary, which makes the possibility of someone slipping out the middle check from a pile much less likely. (Unless you plan on using continuous feed paper in the laser). Companies usually have an old dot-matrix which they dedicate to check printing. I do know of a company in Australia that sell a nice wiz-bang piece of software that will produce proper cheques, and it will work with any print software. Basically, you design a form with several fields, produce a report from Oracle which contains information for the form such as cheque number and vendor, and the software merges the two with good results. This software can print bar codes and high quality graphics. It was also used to produce survey forms which were later scanned into an Oracle Database. If you would like an Australian contact who should be able to point you in the right direction for this software, just email me. However, it is alot easier to use the dot-matrix option unless there are other plans for software such as this.

Steven Godkin Received on Wed Oct 26 1994 - 16:07:16 CET

Original text of this message