Oracle BBS in MN (was Re: IOUW94 & Internet)

From: Bob Treumann <btreuman_at_elmwood.com>
Date: 26 Oct 1994 13:41:40 GMT

David Pepin (pepin_at_eagle.ff.tds.com) wrote:
: Tony,

: A complete list of Oracle-related BBSs is available in the '1994/1995
: Oracle Resource Guide', as is a complete list of the file available on
: these boards. The book also has an Internet section but it is very general
: in nature. You may be able to help them with some of your information.

I am now in the process of developing a BBS with an Oracle focus in the Mpls/StPaul area (of Minnesota, USA).

The system is currently up in beta mode, and beta users are welcome. Please reply and request the phone number if you want to look around.

This is a unix system with internet access, specifically e-mail and usenet news groups. Access will be free. There will be advertising on this system, but it will not be in-your-face. You won't ever even have to see it if you don't want to. User name and contact info won't be sold, like aol recently did.

I am currently looking for material to place in the public file areas, as well as any suggestions of where to get material and how to organize it.

--
  Bob Treumann                          email:  btreuman_at_elmwood.com
  Solution Engineering Inc.                          sei_at_elmwood.com