SQL*NET + PC/TCP V3.0 Winsock

From: Greg Dulli <gdulli_at_mpcc3.rpms.ac.uk>
Date: 24 Oct 1994 11:35:45 GMT

I am trying to get the following configuration to work :

	pc/tcp v3.0 (winsock interface)
	sql*net v1.1.7.10
	odbc interface (microsoft provided)

Using MS-Query this works fine and I am able to log on to and query a remote oracle database. The problem starts when trying to make ODBC calls from home grown programs which use the Visual C++ (1.5) ODBC interface. Even the simplest program causes a GP error. These same programs work fine using older versions of PC/TCP and the non winsock sql*net interface (i.e using mftp).

Anyone out there managed to get sql*net working with PC/TCP v.3 , or indeed any winsock interface. Any tricks required to achieve this ?

Tony. Received on Mon Oct 24 1994 - 12:35:45 CET

Original text of this message