Re: Need Comparisons of Oracle 7 and Sybase 10

From: george anderson <gwa_at_cis.ml.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 1994 19:19:24 GMT

In article <37v1i1$15m_at_dcsun4.us.oracle.com> skanga_at_us.oracle.com (Shiraz Kanga) writes:

>>>george anderson (gwa_at_cis.ml.com) wrote:
>>

> [stuff deleted]

>>Again this test was done under netware. I am not sure if you would consider
>>netware in an industrial strength client server environment. You want
>>scalibility and it seems like an smp (either Unix or NT) box would be the way
>>you would go. I would like to see some comparisons between Sybase and Oracle
>>running on the SAME smp box under both Unix and NT operating systems.

Shiraz, please keep the thread straight, this is not my response although I do agree with the statement. It is difficult to administer and manage a DBMS on the Netware platform. When was the last time you wrote an NLM??? Also, you lose all of the Unix based utilities and a huge amount of scalability. Received on Mon Oct 24 1994 - 20:19:24 CET

Original text of this message