Re: Powerbuilder, SQL Server(NTAS), Oracle 7.0 (NLM)

From: Trent Andrews <tandrews_at_sam.neosoft.com>
Date: 24 Oct 1994 01:19:20 GMT

In article <odsiCy2Ap5.B77_at_netcom.com>, odsi_at_netcom.com (Offshore Digital Services) says:

>Hi,
>We are trying to access data from Oracle 7.0 on Novell Netware and
>MS SQL Server 4.2 on Windows NT Advanced Server.
>We are using Windows for Workgroups to connect to SQL Server, IPX/SPX
>to connect to Novell Netware.

Do you connect to both of them at the same time ie. running NetBeui and  IPX at the same time?

If you are then it should be just a matter of getting db-library and SQL*Net to load at the same time. If that happens and you have the PB DLLs then set up two transaction objects and have it! I have never used two transaction objects at the same time but I would think that it would work.

Trent Andrews
tandrews_at_sam.neosoft.com Received on Mon Oct 24 1994 - 02:19:20 CET

Original text of this message