Re: SQL*Loader and EBCDIC data.

From: Satish Reddy <reddys_at_netcom.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Oct 1994 16:40:58 GMT

Bill Manry - Oracle Corporation (bmanry_at_upsizeme.us.oracle.com) wrote:
: Satish Reddy (reddys_at_netcom.com) wrote:
: [...]
: >I have tried "load data characterset WE8EBCDIC500" in control file.
: >I do not get any errors but the log file contains " total logical
: >records read: 0".

: As the message suggests, the problem lies with the input file
: processing. My guess is that the UNIX i/o routines are expecting each
: record to be terminated by a newline character (an ASCII newline no
: less, since 'characterset' applies only to data fields being loaded).

: I don't have the doc handy to look at but I think you need to
: investigate what Oracle on Sun permits for the "OS-dependent file
: processing specifications string" in the INFILE clause. What you need
: to specify depends on the exact layout of your EBCDIC input file.

: Once you get the input working properly the load should go ok. I
: just tried a simple 'characterset WE8EBCDIC500' test case and it
: works fine in 7.0.16.

: /b
: ----------
: Bill Manry
: Oracle Corp. / Mainframe & Integration Technologies / BManry_at_us.oracle.com
: #include <disclaimer.usual>

Thanks for the info. I received a mail suggesting to specify the following

infile 'filename' "fix some-numner blk another-num"

in the control file. I suppose I have the complete answer. The above suggestion was sent by

prabhe_at_sickbay.az05.bull.com.

Thanks to both of you.

Satish Reddy
Technology Solutions Company. Received on Sun Oct 23 1994 - 17:40:58 CET

Original text of this message