FORMS4.0: Record Groups and LOV's

From: Ashraf Parker <aparker_at_stellbos.csir.co.za>
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 1994 11:06:37

Has anybody experienced the following problem or have a solution?

I create non-query record groups in Forms4.0 programatically and then populate the groups with primary key information from some or other block. Forms now allows one to replace the underlying record group of an existing LOV. When I however do this and show the data in the group using the SHOW_LOV built-in, it shows the LOV as expected, but then deletes the information in the record group.

Although I have not tried it yet, one could probably get around this by making another copy of record group and then attaching the copy to the LOV. But surely, forms should not be doing this in the first place.

Am I missing something, or is this a problem with a forms? Received on Fri Oct 21 1994 - 11:06:37 CET

Original text of this message