Oracle SGA on SCO

From: BARRY ROOMBERG <barry.roomberg_at_compudata.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 94 09:08:00 -0400

-> SGA size. I know I need to increase the SHMMAX and SHMNMI parameters
-> in SCO's kernel, but what are the optimal values for these if I want
-> a SGA of 20 Meg? What are the disadvantages to setting these values
-> too high? (As

Go play with the MAXUMEM paramameter in
sysadmsh /system/configure/kernel/parameters/4 - Process-Mem-Swapping.

The higher this is (in 2KB pages), the more an individual user can allocate. The problem here is that if it is very high, then a single user can suck up all the memory on your system and send it to swap hell:
while (1){ ptr = malloc(64000);} Received on Fri Oct 21 1994 - 14:08:00 CET

Original text of this message