Re: Can C programs be invoked from triggers?

From: Kjartan Gudmundsson <kjartang_at_isbank.is>
Date: 21 Oct 1994 00:03:24 -0000

In <384iif$m7q_at_server.st.usm.edu> jwingram_at_whale.st.usm.edu (Jonathan Wayne Ingram) writes:

>I am not sure you got the question quite right -- he asked if he could call
>a c program, not communicate with one. As to calling, the answer is no
>when you refer to database triggers. But the above mentioned solution
>will work if you want ot have your c program loop infinitely and check
>the pipe each time through the loop :)

This sounds like the C prorgram will be in a busy loop testing for a new message on the pipe. This is not so, after the pipe process has issued the "recieve_message" command it goes to sleep until a message comes down the pipe.

krg. Received on Fri Oct 21 1994 - 01:03:24 CET

Original text of this message