ORACLE*Reports Layout

From: Candy Robinson <candy_at_bcstec.ca.boeing.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 1994 14:33:14 GMT

Anyone out there expert with ORACLE*Reports? I am having trouble with a layout that is not doing what I would expect. I have 3 queries, joined together. The only way I could get the results of the 3rd query to print was to frame queries 2 and 3 together as 'last anchoring'. Now, I am trying to put summary data on the last page, and only the summary data from query one will work. I get the error about my field accessing the column at a frequency below it's occurrence. If I use a default layout for the the last page, it places the summary data for Q3 (query 3) in a repeating frame enclosed by repeating frame for Q2, enclosed by repeating frame for Q1. What I want is:

  Q1 ---->(linked/joined to) [ Q2 ---> Q3]

 Q1_sum Q2_sum Q3_sum

So the summary data actually occurs at the same frequency, but the reporting tool expects for Q3 to be at the highest freq, followed by Q2, then Q1 (this I assume based on the behavior of the default formatter and the error message I get when I format it as shown above, with the summary data at an equal level with the queries (where each query is a repeating frame, and what each summary field is adding with).

All of the above is in a repeating frame. I have tried framing the summary data, framing just q2_sum and q3_sum together, including the latter frame in the frame for Q2 --> Q3, but still get the error. I suspect that if I put the summary fields within their respective query frames, the problem would go away. But I should be able to take summary data that appears in the proper break portion of the data model and deposit it on my layout within the main repeating frame. I am using the same layout that one would use for a Q1 --> Q2 join with summary data. The tricky part is apparently with having that framed Q2 --> Q3 join. Any ideas on what to do here?

These trial and error runs are hell on our schedule...Thanks in advance!

--
Sandra (Candy) Robinson		Boeing Electronics
candy_at_bcstec.ca.boeing.com	P.O. Box 152707, MS TR-35