How do I print checks using a LASER PRINTER from Oracle Financials?

From: Tom Miheve <dba_at_swdev.si.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 1994 08:52:38 GMT

Problem : USING A LASER PRINTER TO PRINT CHECKS FROM ORACLE FINANCIALS 10.4

Hello out there in Oracle Financials land:

We are : Tom Miheve (DBA)                 Don Robinaugh (ORAFIN)
         Smiths Industries                Smiths Industries
         Grand Rapids, Michigan 49518     Grand Rapids, Michigan 49518
         (616) 241-8292                   (616) 241-7513
         miheve_tom_at_si.com                robinaugh_don_at_si.com

The envrionment is :

Sun Sparc server 1000 running Solaris 2.3

Oracle7 Server Release 7.1.3.2.0 - Production
SQL*Plus:      Release 3.1.3.4.1 - Production
PL/SQL         Release 2.1.3.2.0 - Production

Oracle Financials 10.4

We are new (9 months) to the 'Oracle game' and brand new (1 month) to the Oracle Financials game.

We would like to print checks from the Accounts Payable (AP) function of Oracle Financials using a laser printer (not specified yet).

Questions :

  1. What software is necessary to print to a laser printer?
  2. Is there a specific brand laser printer that seems to be the best?
  3. Is printing checks on a laser printer a good idea?
  4. Are there any hidden problems ('gotchas') to printing laser checks?
  5. What important questions have I not asked?

Any ideas or hints would be very much appreciated. Received on Thu Oct 20 1994 - 09:52:38 CET

Original text of this message