SQL*Loader and EBCDIC data.

From: Satish Reddy <reddys_at_netcom.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 1994 20:12:04 GMT

Hi I am new to Internet, Please pardon me if I goof-up in the process of posting my first article.

I need help in loading data into oracle database. The data is in EBCDIC format. I could have converted it using dd. But half of record is in the form of zoned or packed numbers.

I have tried "load data characterset WE8EBCDIC500" in control file. I do not get any errors but the log file contains " total logical records read: 0".

I would appreciate any help.

I am using Sun sparccenter200 with solaris 2.3 and oracle 7.0.16.

Thanks in advance.

Satish Reddy. Received on Thu Oct 20 1994 - 21:12:04 CET

Original text of this message