Monetary and User Cost of Sun Unix Server (Sun Sparc 20)

From: Jay F Iannini <jfi_at_world.std.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 1994 22:59:15 GMT

I probably should have made this more apparent in my last post, but what we are trying to do is buy a server to house a 20MB Oracle database that will be used by approximately 40 users. The Database is destined to expand, and the number of users is likely to also.

We are being advised by a vendor to purchase a Sun Unix Server (probably the Sun Sparc 20 or the Sun Sparc 1000). What I am looking for is 1) Anyone with similar database needs and configurations (problems... stories, etc).
2) Approximate Cost we should expect
3) Alternate servers with performance as good or better than the above equipment.

Please respond to me at my email address, It is much quicker for me to read and respond to.

Jay. Received on Thu Oct 20 1994 - 23:59:15 CET

Original text of this message