Re: Oracle for Windows

From: Lawrence James <James.Lawrence_at_epamail.epa.gov>
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 1994 19:18:51 GMT

In article <Cxw5x3.Eqv_at_freenet.carleton.ca> ah513_at_FreeNet.Carleton.CA (Doug Harris) writes:
>From: ah513_at_FreeNet.Carleton.CA (Doug Harris)
>Subject: Re: Oracle for Windows
>Date: Tue, 18 Oct 1994 23:15:03 GMT

>In a previous article, lmayhew_at_aol.com (LMayhew) says:

>>I recently read in some publication where Oracle is beta testing with
>>a version of Oracle V7.0 for Windows 3.1. Does anybody know anything
>>about this?

> I saw it being used by a few Oracle folks at IOUW as the underlying
>DB on which they were demonstrating some of the new CDE2 tools
>(Procedure Builder was one I think).

I have looked at the beta and it does run using win32s. It comes with Data Browser and windows versions of import, export, SQLDBA, SQLLoader and some other nifty tools for simple administration activities. SQLDBA is line mode only, no monitor. These same tools appear to come with Oracle Workgroup Server. Doesn't have forms or reports but they will work with it. I have heard suggested list of $599. Received on Thu Oct 20 1994 - 20:18:51 CET

Original text of this message