Oraperl 2.4 and Oracle 7.0.15

From: Brian Vickery <bsv00_at_eng.amdahl.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 1994 23:38:19 GMT

Has anyone successfully built and used oraperl 2.4 compiled with Oracle v7.0.15 under SUN OS 4.1.3? I found a note on the net (in ftp.demon.co.uk:/pub/perl/db/oraperl/ ) suggesting 1 change   osql3 ==> oparse
in oraperl and this change gave me the correct error message. Reading the Oracle 7 OCI manual I can see other changes that need to be made.

I'm getting a Oracle 1405 error because oraperl doesn't use indicator values when accessing NULL fields (previously it was an Oracle 1722 error).

Is there a patch out there with all of the Oracle 7 fixes to oraperl? I don't want to duplicate work if possible.

Any help would be appreciated.

\_ Brian Vickery
  \_ (408) 992-3027
    \_ bsv00_at_eng.amdahl.com