MS-Access/Oracle: problem with insert into attached tables.

From: Jeff Thomas <jdthomas_at_eri.erinet.com>
Date: 19 Oct 1994 18:03:23 -0400

  We are experiencing problems with Oracle7 attached tables in our MS Access   client. We are using the Oracle ODBC, v1.10.

  Our tables have a before insert trigger to generate a primary key via   sequences. The problem is that when we add new records   to these tables via an Access form we see "#Deleted" in all the fields   of the form after the insert has been committed. This does not happen   all the time, but often enough to be a major headache. The new   record HAS been successfully inserted, it's just that we have to close   the form and re-open it to see the new record.

  As I understand it, when an attached table has a trigger to generate   the primary key, Access has to re-fetch the record on an insert   in order to keep the recordset up to date. It looks like these   re-fetches are failing. Has anyone experienced this problem?   Any ideas why the re-fetches are failing?

  Thanks, Jeff T.

 ===============[ Jeff Thomas jdthomas_at_erinet.com ]=============== Received on Wed Oct 19 1994 - 23:03:23 CET

Original text of this message