Re: ODBC SQLFetch

From: Joe Pruitt <jpruitt_at_hq.walldata.com>
Date: 19 Oct 1994 15:33:05 GMT

> Dear ODBC developpers,
>
> Can someone please tell me what the returna values of SQLFetch should be.

According to the ODBC spec, SQLFetch should return either SQL_SUCCESS, SQL_SUCCESS_WITH_INFO, SQL_NO_DATA_FOUND, SQL_STILL_EXECUTING, SQL_ERROR, or SQL_INVALID_HANDLE.

SQL_SUCCESS -> fetch succeeded.
SQL_SUCCESS_WITH_INFO -> fetch succeeded.  Call SQLError to get information.
SQL_NO_DATA_FOUND -> no more records in the result set.
SQL_STILL_EXECUTING -> with asyncronous processing, Fetch is still executing.
SQL_ERROR -> an error occurred with fetch, call SQLError for info
SQL_INVALID_HANDLE -> invalid hstmt parameter in call.

> I am developping some ODBC drivers (for Ingres/Oracle etc) and am having
> problems with the SQLFetch call. The ODBC test program works properly but the
> MS Query and Visual C++ interfaces do not seem to go past the SQLFetch call properly.
>
> Specifically:
>
> What should SQLFetch return if more records are available in the record set.
-> SQL_SUCCESS.
> What should it return when there is no more data.
-> SQL_NO_DATA_FOUND