Re: Can C programs be invoked from triggers?

From: Thomas J Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: 19 Oct 1994 18:25:22 GMT

dhuet_at_us.oracle.com writes:

>In article <381drl$668_at_ixnews1.ix.netcom.com>, <svedloff_at_ix.netcom.com> writes:
>
>> This is a very good question that I have been trying to find an answer to for
 some
>> time. If anybody knows anything about this, it will be greatly appreciated.
>
>There is a product called Oracle Plex that is supossed to enable triggers
>to execute programs external to Oracle (I'm not very familiar with it). I
>do not know if this product is in production; I would suggest that you
>contact an Oracle sales rep and ask them to get more info on this product
>(they may not be aware of it either).

Yes, there is a product called PLEX (not Oracle PLEX) that does just this. It fully automates the creation of pipes-based application servers that, in short, let you call any user written 3GL functions from within Oracle7 stored procedures (and hence triggers).

Note that PLEX is not a product of Oracle Corporation but was developed by Oracle Government employees and is now available for general distribution.

For more detailed information please email a request to either

        tkyte_at_us.oracle.com or thoechst_at_us.oracle.com Received on Wed Oct 19 1994 - 19:25:22 CET

Original text of this message