Re: Restoration of temporary tablespace.

From: Doug Harris <ah513_at_FreeNet.Carleton.CA>
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 1994 00:08:42 GMT

In a previous article, pmuzu_at_ctp.com (Pavan Muzumdar) says:

>Last week, someone inadvertently deleted the datafile that corresponds
>to the temporary tablespace in our database.
 [Chomp]
>I know I can perform a media recovery using a backup of this tablespace, and
>then apply the logs to make it up to date.

  Not necessary. Since there are no active temporary segments you can just drop the tablesapce and then re-create it. You shouldn't even have to shut down the instance.

DROP TABLESPACE TEMP;
CREATE TABLESPACE TEMP DATAFILE '/whatever/TEMP.dbf' size [n]M;

--
   - Doug Harris
     Database Administrator, System Development Division,