Re: db_writers experience ?

From: Doug Harris <ah513_at_FreeNet.Carleton.CA>
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 1994 23:20:20 GMT

In a previous article, sta_at_logibec.com () says:

>Does anyone have any experience with "db_writers" init parameter?
>The server will use many "dbwriter" vs single writer as default.

   My database resides on 2 disks each on their own controller. Increasing db_writers to 2 resulted in about a 10% improvement in performance for a "write intensive" INSERT INTO TABLE AS SELECT statement where the target table and index were on separate drives.

--
   - Doug Harris
     Database Administrator, System Development Division,