record locking

From: <lim002_at_wcsub.ctstateu.edu>
Date: 18 Oct 94 00:47:08 EST

Hi!

I have written an application using an ODBC connection to Oracle7. It is a simple application which I am using to try to understand how Oracle7 takes care of record-locking.

In my application, if I bring up record A and proceed to make modifications and then on another PC, execute the same application and bring up the same record. The moment I start typing something, the mouse turns to an hour glass. Meanwhile, in the 1st execution, I do an update which then "frees" up my 2nd instance of the application so that I can make modifications.

Why is my 2nd instance sort of "freezing" up? What is Oracle doing?

Any help will be appreciated.

Please respond to me directly at

        lim002_at_wcsub.ctstateu.edu

Thank you.

Ji Lim Received on Tue Oct 18 1994 - 06:47:08 CET

Original text of this message