Oracle*Office MHS Gateway Problems

From: 170 Systems <170sys_at_netcom.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 1994 18:37:44 GMT

Hello,

We've got Oracle*Office 2.0.11 running on top of Oracle 7.0.16.6 on NetWare 3.12. The problem is that all outgoing messages (oracle->MHS) seem to have the return-receipt switch turned on (i.e. we get two return receipts (one for delivery, one for being read) for every outbound message). No, we do not have "return-receipt" turned on within Oracle*Office as is evidenced by the fact that messages that stay within Oracle*Office do not cause return-receipts.

Our outbound MHS messages are of SMF-70 format. I have been told that this return-receipt is caused by the "mcb-options" field in our SMF-70 message containing a Y in one of the first two positions. In fact, our mcb-options field appears to be set to YNYNANA. So it would appear that the MHS Gateway is writing a Y where it should be writing an N.

Help!!!

Dan Kennedy
170 Systems, Inc.
dkennedy_at_170systems.com Received on Tue Oct 18 1994 - 19:37:44 CET

Original text of this message