Re: V7.0.15: Memory Leakage Fixed?

From: Bruce Pihlamae <pihlab_at_cbr.hhcs.gov.au>
Date: 18 Oct 94 15:48:32 +1000

In article <37q5c4$p5r_at_news.delphi.com>, dagmara_at_news.delphi.com (DAGMARA_at_DELPHI.COM) writes:
> I have a client who just installed Oracleware running V7.0.15 RDBMS and
> Novell 3.12. The performance is very poor. Running trace seems to
> indicate PGA memory leakage. I know in earlier versions of 7 a memory
> leakage and locking problem existed, are those fixed in V7.0.15?? Anyone
> know what the latest and greatest versions of the RDBMS is??

We have 7.0.16.6 running on VAX/VMS but releases will differ across platforms.

7.0.15.* was a very buggy release in VMS and unless you hear otherwise I think you should upgrade to a later version asap.

--

Bruce...        pihlab_at_cbr.hhcs.gov.au

* Bruce Pihlamae  --  Database Administration                     *
* Commonwealth Department of Human Services and Health            *
* Canberra, ACT, Australia                        (W) 06-289-7056 *
* These are my own thoughts and opinions, few that I have.        *

"The more complex the argument gets, the easier it is to refute."
"Killing is wrong!"  -- Trent 'The Uncatchable' Castanaveras