Re: Oracle OBACKUP

From: Doug Becker <dbecker_at_legato.com>
Date: 18 Oct 1994 17:53:00 GMT

    I'd be interested in the summary, we are about to talk to Oracle about     OBACKUP for our about-to-be-implemented big d'base. As far as I know,     the thing about OBACKUP is the way it can parallelise operations that     you'd normally do using the `normal' warm backup procedure.

It's biased and incomplete, and we do not speak for Oracle, but you might want to check out a small obackup FAQ I've written. It's available as

file://ftp.legato.com/oracle/obackup-faq.ps.Z (PostScript) file://ftp.legato.com/oracle/obackup-faq.txt.Z (Text-only)

If you have questions about our Oracle Database Module (as we like to call it :-), feel free to ask. Comments on the FAQ are also welcome.

                                Doug Becker
                                Principal Engineer, obackup Project
                                dbecker_at_legato.com