Re: MacODBC Link

From: Doug Bitting <dbitting_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: 17 Oct 1994 19:10:18 GMT

In article <782405207snz_at_dataview.demon.co.uk> Fergus White, Ferg_at_dataview.demon.co.uk writes:
> I've recently downloaded the MacODBC files from apple's ftp site. My
 current
> setup is Oracle 7 running on a Sun and using SQLNet to connect to it on
 the
> Mac. Can MacODBC be used instead and if so, does any particular files
 have to
> be running on the server. Also does the ODBC link use TCP/IP?

Unless I am mistaken, that's just the development stuff which you grabbed,
not an Oracle ODBC driver. I do not believe anyone has, as of yet, written
an ODBC driver for the Macintosh which will connect you to an Oracle database.

If I am wrong and someone has written such a driver, I would love to know...
--Doug
Doug Bitting || Oracle Corporation || dbitting_at_oracle.com Worldwide Technical Support || Apple Desktop Products Group All opinions expressed in this article are my own and may not

           reflect those of Oracle Corporation. Received on Mon Oct 17 1994 - 20:10:18 CET

Original text of this message