Re: Quick Easy DOS/WIN Question

From: <jenningsj_at_syntegra.bt.co.uk>
Date: 17 Oct 1994 10:23:26 GMT

In article <37kkd6$mf2_at_andromeda.rutgers.edu>, holowcza_at_andromeda.rutgers.edu (Richard D Holowczak) writes:
>ucdy_at_rvax.syntex.com () writes:
>

>>Here is a quick question. Is it possible to run Oracle v7.0.15.6 on a PC
>>that is running DOS/Windows (non-NT)? If so, how much memory is required?
>>How much memory is required to run SQL*Forms 4.0/4.5 as well?
>
> I know of no DOS or Windows version of Oracle 7.
>
> There will soon be a new version of Oracle "lite" that
> will have most of the version 7 functionality in a single
> user Windows system.

I saw something from Oracle a couple of months ago saying (with reference to PCs only) :

        All ORACLE 5 support withdrawn now.

	All ORACLE 6/DOS/Windows 3.1 support withdrawn soon - can't remember
	when, date may be absolute (in which case it's probably passed) or may
	be relative to release of Windows-"95" (in which case we're probably
	safe for a couple of years!).

	Only supported PC/ORACLE platforms will be on NT, OS/2 and
	Chicago/Windows-95.

JJ

J O N   J E N N I N G S      can be reached at :
WORK          jenningsj_at_sunbury.syntegra.bt.co.uk            Sunbury-on-Thames
HOME                jon_at_quack.demon.co.uk                     Surrey, England
                 &  jon_at_sound.demon.co.uk
            +++  Nothing I say has anything to do with BT  +++