Oracle7 hot backups / table availability

From: Michael Stowe <Michael.Stowe_at_f573.fido.chi.il.us>
Date: Sun, 16 Oct 94 10:35:05 -0500

This is not a problem, as long as it is done correctly. Performance may suffer, but that depends on the platform.

> Also, does anyone have any information of backup/recover times
> for a ~20Gig database ? The platform will be a UNIX server, the
> specific server hardware has not yet been selected.

You're kidding, right? I'm not sure it makes sense to have generic backup/recover times without a hardware platform... It would depend largely on your backup speed. Received on Sun Oct 16 1994 - 16:35:05 CET

Original text of this message